- Strict delivery measures
- Enhanced training protocols for staff
- Food handling standards and sanitation guidelines
- Private dining experiences and destination options
- Complimentary Room service
- Spacious restaurant with fewer tables to comply with social distancing guidelines
- Many Al fresco dining options – we have been social distancing at The Maji for years!
- Menu’s will be sanitized before being given to guests
- A digital version of the menu can be sent to clients and food orders can be placed by telephone from the guest room to the reception
- Tables will be laid with only bare essentials for ease of sanitization. Anything else can be requested and will be sanitized before being brought to the table
- Cutlery/Crockery will all be sanitized with a safe sanitizing agent prior to delivery to table
- Staff will be trained on minimal contact procedures
- Frequent sanitization of high touch surfaces
- Pre-allocated beach beds to be given to the guests on arrival for the duration of the stay
- Guest and Visitor Temperature checks on arrival to the hotel are mandatory at both the main gate and entrance into the hotel
- A doctors Certificate of Covid-19 Clearance must be produced by all foreign guests on check in no more than 14 days old
- Guests running a temperature of more than 37.5C will be politely asked to return or directed to the closest hospital/medical facility
- Driver will remove luggage from the vehicle and luggage will be sanitized with a safe product
- The Maji Staff wearing a protective apron gloves and mask will assist guests with their luggage to their room
- All guests will be required to wear a Face Mask
- All guests will be required to comply with safety measures. Anyone refusing to comply will not be granted entry to the premises
- On arrival all guests will be required to make use of the hand washing/sanitizing facilities
- Guest will be required to sign the pre-filled registration card if they have not yet signed the digital version prior to arrival
- Guests will have the option of having a short briefing made by a member of The Maji staff in protective gear prior to be taken to their room. A digital version of Guest Information will be available for the guests to reduce client/staff contact
- Driver temperature will be recorded prior to departure to collect clients
- Driver to temperature check the guest prior to entry into the vehicle
- Driver will wear protective gear such as face mask, gloves etc.
- Driver will provide a mask for the Guest (s) if Guest is not wearing one
- The car will be disinfected following every arrival/departure
- All accommodation invoices must be pre-paid prior to guest arrival by BACS, transfer or Mpesa to secure and confirm the booking
- All guest details must be sent to the hotel prior to arrival to include the following:-
- Following the above, a registration card will be completed by the hotel for the guests’ signature upon arrival
- A copy of the hotel guest information will be sent to the guest prior to arrival
At The Maji we continue to live by our responsible and caring values which means being consistent with our already stringent hygiene standards. Below we have listed some extra steps that we have taken in addition to our already rigorous routines to reflect the advice of the World Health Organization and government protocols.
The Maji offers the perfect romantic retreat for ‘newly-weds’. Located on a quiet stretch of the award winning Diani Beach – miles of uninterrupted white sandy palm fringed beaches, azure warm waters of the Indian Ocean with lots of activities available close by are just some of the many reasons that make a honeymoon here unforgettable. The Maji offers the perfect romantic retreat for ‘newly-weds’. Located on a quiet stretch of the award winning Diani Beach – miles of uninterrupted white sandy palm fringed beaches, azure warm waters of the Indian Ocean with lots of activities available close by are just some of the many reasons that make a honeymoon here unforgettable.
The Maji Beach Boutique Hotel provides the perfect setting for a small intimate beach wedding. We offer a bespoke tailor-made wedding service to suit every couple’s needs. The hotel can accommodate up to 35 pax overnight on an exclusive use basis of the property and can cater for up to 100 guests for the wedding and reception party.
Your big day will need planning and dedication to ensure that it is executed in the way in which you desire and our team at The Maji can help you live out your dreams. We will put you in touch with a Wedding Planner, we can help arrange off site accommodation for guests not staying at The Maji, we can recommend a photographer, we will organize the legalities of marriage in Kenya and we will work with you and your planner to make it as stress free as possible. A minimum of 3 nights exclusive use stay must be booked. We have special exclusive use rates depending on the season and will cater the board basis to suit your exact preference and quote accordingly. We can also organize honeymoons, vow renewals, baby showers, engagement parties, birthday celebrations and wedding anniversary celebrationst.
The Maji Recommends Kwa Moyu Weddings
Together we will discover your vision and create your perfect day! Our team will discuss each and every element of getting married in Kenya in detail with you in order to come up with a proposal that meets your exact needs from the décor to the cuisine and music and so much more.